Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gratitudy Gratitude


In celebration of my 5 months of doing the next right thing, getting thru each just for today & making it right here, right now by being in the solution...
 Imma go ahead and share my gratitude list with ya'll. 

  I still struggle today. I am stronger, dam I am so much stronger than that broken girl 5 months ago. But every single day I make a choice not to pick up, sometimes several times a day.  1 drink today will look much different 5 more months down the road. And let's be honest I already did that thing where I made an exception and pushed limits and boundaries until I hit the bottom of the pavement floor hard. So ... No More "Just One Beer" for Stephie Juice.
1 is too many and 1000 is NEVER enough :)

April 6, 2014 Gratitude List
  1. My People: The ones who inhabit my home. The littles who celebrate me and the husband who adores me. The ones who have literally seen me broken and lift me up every single day. My hubs who has gone thru every emotional moment of this with me and still he's here with me. Never once ready to pack up and leave. And every moment supporting me continuing to stay home and go to school.
  2. My Blood: Mama, Daddy & sisters. Who push me. Literally & figuratively.
  3. My Homies: The ones who have been there. Even when they haven't been right here. They've been there. And they know who they are. 
  4. My recovery group: The program, the people, my sponsor, the service work, the books. The acceptance and the love. The confirmation that one addict helping another is what it's all about.
  5. This here blog. Where people make a choice to read it.
  6. My new job!!!!! 
  7. The ability to make a choice whether I want to run or not. 1 mile, 3 miles or not at all.
  8. My health. 
  9. School. Even if I feel super dum today because I'm super confused. I get to be there.
  10. People from my past. Because at some point it was exactly what I wanted and I couldn't be right here right now without those valuable lessons. (Please remind me of this later)
  11. Laughter and a sense of humor. I can pretty much find it in any situation. And though it was broken for a little bit I had numbers 1,2,3 & 4 above reminding me to do it. 
  12. My bottom. I like my butt. It's one of the only things I like.
  13. My other bottom. Who knows where the hell I'd be right now if I hadn't hit it so hard.
  14. My luxuries. This includes my home, car, food and makeup. Yep. Those are my luxuries.
  15.  I have everything to live for and everything to lose, and I am grateful to be clear headed in this moment right now refusing to take it for granted.
And with that... I will take another 24 :)

-If you or someone you know needs help with any kind or form of addiction please reach out to me so I can point you in the right direction. You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment